Friday 2 March 2018 – 5.30 pm
Hand Weaving Workshop Museum of Giuditta Brozzetti, Via T. Berardi, 5/6
Third conference cycle within Perugia 1416.
Present: Clara Baldelli Bombelli and Marta Cucchia, together with Giovanni Pedercini
Let’s discover the tablecloth from Perugia, an elites product of the weaving economy between the XIII and the XVI Centuries.
The conference will be about:
– the weaving stature inside the the economy of Perugia during the Middle ages and the Renaissance;
– the altar tablecloth and their dissemination;
– from religious usage to symbol of richness and prestige inside noble houses;
– disappearance of the “tablecloth from Perugia” when the city underwent the definitive pontifical dominion;
– XIX and XX Centuries revival;
The history of hand waving in Umbria has ancient roots, the so-called “Tovaglie perugine” were a real strength inside the hand weaving tradition in middle age Perugia.
Free entrance till full